Wednesday, May 04, 2005

PhotBlog, Part 2

Well, word on the street is that y'all are dying to see what I look like, so here's a photo. It's not the best photo of me, but it's one of the most current. It's from Hawaii (obviously) and I'm in the center - the geek in the cowboy hat. Now don't you go making fun of the cowboy hat, it was a gift from my friends after I ran my first marathon in Dallas. After you lose 110lbs and run your first 26.2 miles, I'll let you wear whatever you want. Thems the rules, folks.



Unfortunately, this photo doesn't really show me that well, but perhaps that's best. Keep the mystery alive. I like the fact that the cowboy hat covers my hair, as we had a bit of a haircoloring mishap before vacation. Let's just say that I was going for "cherry cola", but the end result was closer to "Grape Nehi". Yes, my hair was purple. Don't ask. Maybe it's a good thing I'm shaving my head for the Relay for Life.

Speaking of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, you all are awesome. People keep surprising me with their selfless and generous donations. Last night, I got a donation from my friend's sister, who is a poor college student. Wow. She could be out spending it on underage drinking, but rather she gives it to people in need. How cool. Also, I wanted to give a shout out to Lori, who was my first "blog donation". Would that be a "blogation"? Regardless, it was very cool. So keep spreading the word people - tell your friends. And by the way, I looked into donating my shaved hair to "Locks of Love" but the minimum length is 10". I don't think I'll be able to grow 10" in a month. For more info, check out www.locksoflove.org.

Well, I'm headed to my hometown for a few days to run a race with my siblings, and to spend some quality time with my family. And by "quality time", I mean fixing everyone's computers. Ever since I started working in computers, I'm "Uncle Fix My Computer". I miss the good old days when I did translation, because my family never asked anything of me. Anyway, I'll be away from blogland for a while. Sorry, campers.

Oh, and don't forget that Mother's Day is this Sunday. I'm giving my mother a shark tooth necklace from Hawaii. I know she's pushing seventy, but she's gonna' love it. After all, it has to be better than the Mother's Day when I was 5 and we filled the bathtub FULL of tadpoles from our pond. Hey, we were young farm boys, and we thought it would be the coolest Mother's Day present EVER. Well, so she didn't exactly LOVE it. On the bright side, she's finally able to talk about it without crying...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on posting a picture! I knew you could do it. Hey, I just received my "Thank you" note for my donation and I have a question. Where, oh where did you get that lovely stationary? I must get some for my own personal correspondense. Love it!!!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture! Personally, I would have loved to see the colored hair, but the cowboy hat is cool!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Oh, I so want to get MY cowboy hat after the marathon. I may even post a picture. :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Up here everyone where's a cowboy hat. I gotta find a pink one.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home