Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Results

Yes, you've waited long enough, and I've shaved bilaterally for long enough. I performed the final step of the test this weekend, which was asking 25 complete strangers to feel each side of my face to see which side was smoother. Well, the results are in, and the side of my face which I've been shaving with hair conditioner won in a LANDSLIDE vote of 21 to 4. The shaving cream side was not even close. So there you have it, Talyorism fans. As for me and my house, we're sticking to shaving with hair conditioner. At least until something better comes along. If you know of anything, let me know.

Additional findings from this weekend's experiment:

1. It's much easier to approach someone and ask them to feel your face than I thought it would be. Initially, I was terribly apprehensive, but after the first few people, it really wasn't that weird.

2. Of all reported occupations: Pharmacists are the most open to feeling a stranger's face.

3. As you might expect, women are much more willing than men to touch a male stranger's face.

4. In general, younger people are much more willing to touch a stranger's face than older people.

5. Most curiously passive-aggressive comment about the experiment (from a female respondent): "Well, I'll be sure to tell my FIANCE about that".

6. Asking someone to feel your face usually results in casual conversation about a person's general life status... sometimes resulting in an exchange of phone numbers.

7. Total phone numbers acquired during the experiment: 4.

8. Total number of dates arranged from said phone numbers: TBA. That will have to be another experiment to blog about. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. You might think about making some cash off this experiment! You also got some digits? Work it playa!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But here's the bigger question: which is more expensive - shaving cream or conditioner? I'd hate to see you forego your retirement fund in favor of silky smooth cheeks.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pierre again...
Mateo, have you tried the "pre-shave facial scrub" technique? Before using the shave cream, or as is now the case-hair conditioner, first use a facial exfoliant scrub after wetting your face. I recommend the "St Ives Apricot Scrub-medicated", available at super-target for about $3 a tube. It loosens up and softens the facial hair. I'll even send you over a complimentary tube of the stuff! Am going to try the hair conditioner method myself starting tomorrow!
later, crocodile

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home