Monday, March 07, 2005

I'm baaaaaaack!

Ok, so here's the deal. I finally had it with my computer, so I did the unthinkable. Man vs. Machine in a World Series Death Match. I'm happy to report that in this instance anyway, man was victorious. Loki got a bit frightened there for a minute, but he was fine once my screaming slowed to a whimper. I completely reformatted the hard drive and started from scratch. So I've reinstalled Windows '98, so at least my PC is working. And by working, I mean that it's up and running on it's most basic level. The previous drivers are all missing, so the display remotely resembles my archaic computer that I had in 6th grade - yes, the ever popular - yet completely unheardof - Commodore 64.

Mom, if you're reading this, "drivers" are the things that make the computer work - I'm not referring Morgan Freeman. Also - if you're reading this - and I mean this in the most lovingly appreciative way possible... but... hindsight being 20/20, we probably shouldn't have bought my first computer from a Christian bookstore. They specialize in converting the non-believers, not converting hard-drives. Even though Jesus may have blessed my beloved Commodore 64, that didn't seem to help them from going out of business 18 months later. Regardless, just in case I never thanked you properly (which I probably didn't, because after all, I was only eleven), thanks for buying me a computer. Who knew that twenty years later, I'd actually be working in computers? Seems kind of silly that we spent $50,000 on that little French degree, doesn't it?

Wait a minute, Mom... now that I think about it (yes, I'm changing the subject so that you forget about how much we spent on my college tuition) - if you're reading this, I'm incredibly impressed that you traversed the Internet Superhighway and found your way to your son's blog. Kudos, woman. Well, since I have your attention, I suppose I'll give you a little tribute. You always taught me to try and better myself with education, and do my best to learn something new every day. Well, here is an abbrieviated list of what your son has learned today.

1. I still don't like computers, even though they pay my mortgage.
2. They say that time heals all wounds, but you still need to wait more than six months to return to eating bananas after throwing them up while marathon training.
3. All of my smoke detectors work. (Don't ask, it's a REALLY long story. I had a little accident cooking dinner. The house is fine, it just kind of smells like a New York City taxi cab caught fire in here. Loki and I are fine too. After all, hair grows back.)

I guess that's really all I've learned today.

Aren't you proud of me, Mom?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that 10:30ish must be your prime time for blogging - don't you feel refreshed when its all over? Finally, a great way to get all those "mateoism's" out in the open for us all to appreicate and enjoy.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Mateo. I'm impressed you can reformat your computer...maybe you're smarter than you look, you sexy redhead!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling Matt,

This is my first visit to your blog. In my defense, you just let me know about it, which seems strange since you've been doing this blogging thing for a while... Could this mean I'm no longer your bestest friend? (Right about now, you're probably thinking, "Who IS this woman?")

Anyway, I love it that I can read about your life at my leisure--it will bring sunshine and smiles into my life : ).

Write a lot, and write often, okay?

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see you run a marathon in those polyester pants. Come on, just one mile. Eat a big steak and don't brush your teeth as a treat for Loki. That'll be sooo much better than a snausage. Keep up the good work. Your a natural at this blogging thing. Can't wait to see you in May.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt! You're officially linked. That's like being my blood brother. But without the pain. Welcome to the crazy world of blogging!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home