Monday, July 18, 2005

I'm BLAMOUS!



Well, here you go. I finally have hair again. Granted it's not as extreme as this photo, but yes, I indeed have hair again. After a mere three weeks, you can't even tell I shaved my head. I'm thinking of keeping the afro look, though. After all, I'm blamous now.

What's that? You don't know what blamous is? Silly reader. "Blamous" is "Blog-famous", or rather, one who is recognized on the basis of his or her blog. So here's the deal. The craziest thing happened this weekend. I was out of town - two hours from home, in fact - at a Cowboy Junkies/Tracy Bonham concert with a friend, when a complete stranger approached me. First she asked if my name was Mateo, and then asked where I was from. When I acknowledged both questions, she said, "Ohmygod! I totally read your blog!"

Say what? You read my blog? Seriously? Oh man. How cool. And how cool that she recognized me - especially considering that my hair has been about sixteen bajillion different lengths and colors in the past twelve months. She was actually three hours from her home as well, so it was crazy that we would run into each other at a rather small outdoor concert. Another crazy fact is that she goes by "Plush Woman Dancing", while my nickname is "Fat Man Running". Maybe I should adopt "plush". It sounds so much softer. Hmmm... maybe not.

Anyway, enough of my blagging. (Yes, that would be blog-bragging. Jeez, keep up, people!) I should tell you that I probably won't be online for a while. Here's a quick (OCD) list why:

1. My PC is a POC (Piece Of Crap). I did, however, order another one from www.woot.com the other day. It's a really cool site. They feature one item a day at rock-bottom prices until they're sold out. An added bonus is that they only charge $5 shipping, but that also means it could be weeks until it's delivered. For $5, I think they ship by carrier pigeon.

2. I'm going to be gone next week on RAGBRAI. That stands for "[Des Moines] Register's Great Bike Ride Across Iowa", which is just that - a week-long bike ride across the state. It's the world's largest organized bike tour, and it's an absolute blast - somewhat like Mardi Gras on bikes. INSANE. I've spent the last week getting my bike and gear together. I can't wait.

3. When I'm not biking, I'll be running. The Chicago Marathon is just around the corner.

So take care of yourselves. I'll be back soon. Until then, I've pre-made some dinners and put them in the freezer for each day that I'm gone. Just throw them in the microwave for a few minutes after you get home from school and you'll be good to go.

Mateo

P.S. The concert was amazing. If you haven't heard the Cowboy Junkies or Tracy Bonham, I suggest you drop the $15 for either CD. Expand your musical horizons. Trust me on this one. Just ask Plush Woman Dancing...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were on vacation watching Lance ride the tour de France.

by the way.... Nice 'fro brotha.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Nice fro. Reminds me of a guy I went to school with. He had a real one just like it. Made him 6 inches taller than he really was. All the best with your ride and the Marathon. Hurry back I enjoy reading your stuff.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I can't wait to hear about this week-long bike ride. I hope you're having fun!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Were you wearing that when you met the plush woman? :D

Have fun on the ride in Iowa. Not sure what there is to see on a ride in Iowa, but if its country it will sure be nice.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home