Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Baldness Blogness

Yes I did it. Thanks to all of my amazing friends and family, I raised well over my $2,000 goal for this Friday's American Cancer Society Relay For Life. So, as promised, I'm bald. Bald, bald, bald. Once again, I'm having issues uploading photos to this blog, so the photos will be coming soon. Promise. Well, I have to get headed to work soon, so you're getting another OCD list:

Total money raised by Mateo - $3,000+
Total money raised in Linn County for the American Cancer Society - $300,000
Total number of miles run by Mateo - 13.1 (half marathon)
Total number of laps on a quarter mile track - 52
Total number of granola bars consumed by Mateo - 5
Total number of heads shaved - 1

I must be completely honest here. Although it's getting many rave reviews, I don't really like my head shaved. I think it makes me look mean. Like Harley-riding, leather jacket-wearing, baseball bat-wielding mean. I look like I should be in a Harley bar rather than a martini bar. Jinkies! Well, perhaps next year I'll shave it BEFORE the fundraising to intimidate people into donating even more money! Take care and run on!

Mateo (Bald Man Runnin')

P.S. I wouldn't suggest running a half marathon on a quarter mile track. A person can get really dizzy after running 52 laps...

P.P.S. I know, I know... Harley-riding bald men don't use the word "Jinkies". Well this one does, so you're going to have to get over it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your official "internet stalker" says....IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! Once your head gets some color, you may be surprised and want to stay this way. Think of all the time and $$ you will save not having to take care of the hair.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! You, my friend, have one sexy head!

Jay

10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the new hotness! seriously, didnt think you could get cuter, but i do love a harley-lookin' man. . . well, i do in your case anyway. mostly, i like those italian-swarthy types, but for you, anything! LOVE YOU!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I like the bald look! Just remember to put sunscreen on your head!

Thanks again for all the triathlon advice! It really helped and the whole thing went really well!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous john said...

Even today i remember the day when i was searching cure for baldness on internet and i got nothing meaningful.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home