Friday, May 27, 2005

LTNB

Long Time, No Blog. Yeah, yeah, yeah... get over it. I'm a busy man, people. Rest assured that I'm still alive and kicking (luckily, so is Loki - he's doing GREAT) so I thought I'd send a quick shout out to my peeps in Blogland. I hope you're all doing well. You look amazing.

Life has been pretty crazy here in Mateoville, so here's today's list, the disco mix:

1. I have my first sprint triathlon in a couple weeks, so I've been training like a maniac. Surprisingly enough, right now my swim is feeling like my strongest leg. Obviously this has me a bit concerned, as I view myself primarily as a runner. To boot, my running feels like my weakest leg right now. Hmmm... I don't completely know what to make of that.

2. My running. I ran a fun little 5k last weekend, and didn't do so hot. (Plus, they gave me LAST YEAR'S t-shirt. Uh, thanks.) Anyhew, back to the the actual run. Yet again, we had to run through a cemetary (and you KNOW how I hate running through cemetaries - I'm always afraid that the dead will spring to life and try to grab at my ankles. I know, I know... it's a result of watching too much "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"). My final time was a weak and pathetic 26 minutes, which I suppose isn't that bad considering I only slept for 30 minutes that night. I know I need to take better care of myself - especially during racing season. I've never been fast, but 26 minutes is pretty slow, even for me! Regardless of my time, I saw so many of my running friends and just had a GREAT time.

3. The reason I only got 30 minutes of sleep was because of a 80's retro rollerskating birthday party I went to the night before the race. It was an absolute riot. My friend Mary bought the roller rink for a couple hours, and we all came in our finest 80's attire. You know I dusted off my high school letter jacket and rollerskated with the best of them. And by the best of them, I mean I fell in the first ten minutes and totally screwed up my knee. It's fine. I'm young and invincible. You can see "fun photos" at my friend's website - www.marydiers.com

4. Yup, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "I'm going to have a new Phillipino half brother or sister in August" thing. Honestly, I'm not completely sure what to make of the whole thing. Until I can figure it out, I will continue to use humour as my emotional shield. :-)

5. The Relay For Life is just around the corner, and so is my full head of thick hair. It looks like I'm going to indeed hit my $2,000 head-shaving target, but keep the donations coming. The American Cancer Society is a great cause. I'm so very excited to run the relay again. It's one of my favorite events of the year.

6. I'm organizing a bike ride in two weeks (yes, the day before the triathlon) and hopefully that will have a good turnout. I know the timing isn't the greatest - but I'm an aries - do now, think later. Yet another week on no sleep. Argh.

7. The world must have shifted on it's axis this week, because I ACTUALLY WENT TO WORK ON TUESDAY AND LEFT THE COFFEE POT ON! Not only did I leave it plugged in, but I actually left it ON! Luckily nothing happened (I'm sure they're designed with safety in mind), but all heck broke lose in my mind. Regardless, I think I'm going to stick to making French Press coffee for a while. Now if only I can remember to turn the stove off after boiling the water... Eeeek!

Be well, people. Run on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Welcome back

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back! I'm a little late to the party, though, so I have to go catch up on the rest.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home