Monday, May 16, 2005

Hi Honey, I'm Home.



Hi honey, I'm home. What are you cooking for dinner? It smells delicious. Well, As you can see from the photo, Loki is looking and feeling much better. It was mentioned that he looks like "Skar" from the Lion King. Hmmm. You wouldn't hardly even know that Loki was hit a week ago. He's up and bouncing around like the day I brought him home from the pound. I'm just glad that he's back home and feeling great. It's a good thing that chicks dig scars. I would hate for him to lose his reputation. Yeah, now he's going around telling all the other dogs in the neighborhood that he was in a gang fight.

Oh man, so much has happened in the past week, I don't even know where to begin. For you sporty spices out there, I'm officially in for the Pigman sprint triathlon in a few weeks. It's one of the most well organized tri's in the midwest, and I've done it every year since I lost all the weight. I finally dragged my sorry tail to the gym to go swimming, and actually I'm doing much better than I thought I would. I knocked out a few sprint distance training sessions in the gym last week, and I'm feeling fast and strong. So strong that I'm considering an olympic distance tri next year. Hmmm...

One other small piece of news is that I'm no longer going to be the baby of the family. Yes, I found out this weekend that my father and step-mother are expecting. WHAT? I know what you're thinking, but I saw it with my own two eyes. You can't tell me anything I don't already know. Let me give you a quick list. You know how I love my lists.

1. My father is 71 years old and in rather poor health. He will be roughly 90 years old when the child graduates from high school.

2. His wife is 37 years old (and from the Phillippines). On a positive note, her English is getting much better since she's been in the states. Don't ask how they met, I personally choose to live in denial on that one.

3. My father already has 8 children (all boys), of which I am the youngest. This means at thirty three years old, I am no longer the baby of the family. Suddenly I'm the middle child. I'm Jan Brady. I build my entire life around being the youngest, and now this. I don't even know who I am anymore.

4. The icing on the fruitcake is that they have decided to name the child a combination of both of their names. For my family's privacy, I'll maintain some level of anonymity. Therefore, I won't tell you exactly what the name is going to be, but it sounds roughly like "Macarena". So essentially whenever you're at a wedding reception and you see a bunch of rhythmless white people hopping around the floor to some crappy Spanish song, you'll think of me and my little Phillipino sister. Oh dear.

So there you have it. My week in a nutshell. And you wonder why I'm nuts. You can't make this stuff up, people. This is exactly why I run. It's the one thing that keeps me grounded. Well, my mother keeps me grounded too. She's so cool. By the way, I finally got photos from when I was home last week. She loved the sharkstooth necklace I gave her for Mother's Day. I'm attached photos of her in her Dutch costume, proudly wearing her sharktooth for protection.

Perhaps my father should wear some protection too...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

That is just wild. Way to stretch out the generations! Hey, I hope I'm still operating as well as your Dad when I'm his age. ;)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm not sure whether to say congratulations or offer you a shoulder to cry on. I love kids, but no way at 50 I want another one let alone 70. Thankfully my younger hubby (36) feels the same way....lol.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you know he's still active. :) Good news for you and your brothers!

I'm glad Loki is feeling better and I have to say, your mom is so cute!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you know he's still active. :) Good news for you and your brothers!

I'm glad Loki is feeling better and I have to say, your mom is so cute!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home